[hackerspaces] Dream Space

Sam Ley sam.ley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 20:35:38 CET 2013

#1 is huge, and I agree completely. The biggest regret I have about our
space in Boulder, CO (2,300 sq. ft.) is that we didn't invest sufficiently
at the beginning to get the code problems and electrical situation sorted
out prior to moving in. Now that it is filled to the brim, it is MUCH
harder to deal with, and while we have come to some agreements with the
city, we could have avoided much heartache by making sure the "blank slate"
was in good shape.

If I did it over again I'd have the fire inspector in there on day 1, run
central ventilation/dust collection, and put 1-phase, 2-phase and 3-phase
outlets all over the place.

-Sam