[hackerspaces] Dear Vancouver Hack Space

Jeff Davis jeff at textsfornothing.com
Sun Aug 4 06:37:32 CEST 2013

Meh.  VHS was having a movie night that night anyway; the Bike Smut film
was shown at the end of the night, with the consent and approval of
those present.  It was also discussed in advance on the VHS mailing
list, so you could've raised your objections then. :)

Hackerspaces are social spaces, among other things.  If a bunch of
hackers are hanging out and want to show a film, I think that's fine, as
long as it's not creating an unsafe or hostile space for anybody or
interfering with the primary function of the space (i.e. hacking).

(I'm a member and former director of VHS too.)

Jeff Davis