[hackerspaces] [survey] Participate on the annual 3D printing community survey

Jarkko Moilanen jarkko.moilanen at uta.fi
Thu Aug 1 08:25:09 CEST 2013

Hi ,

We are inviting you to participate on the survey on individuals and
communities doing 3D printing:
http://surveys.peerproduction.net/ls/index.php?sid=51743

Survey will be open from Aug 1st to Aug 15th 2013.
Insights about 3D printing communities

The survey contains 23 questions, and typically it takes less than 10
minutes to complete. The survey is intended to give insights about 3D
printing communities to the people doing the printing, and we hope that
this will help in motivating you to take the time to participate!

We hope to top last year participant count, which was over 350.
Filling the gap

Last year survey results gained wide interest around the globe including
different 3D printing related and other organizations such as
- RepRap,
- Sculpteo,
- Shapeways,
- BoingBoing,
- Die Zeit and
- Design World.

Results from 2012 survey are available at
http://surveys.peerproduction.net/2012/05/manufacturing-in-motion/
including list of 35 links to news about the results.

The survey is a part of a newly founded initiative for open source
research on peer production (supported by the Peer to Peer Foundation,
more info at http://surveys.peerproduction.net/). All of the
(anonymised, of course!) data will be openly available on the survey
site. 2012 survey data is available at
http://surveys.peerproduction.net/open-data/longitudinal-survey-data/#3d-manufacturing-community-surveys

Cheers,

/Jarkko