[hackerspaces] Radio Shack Hackerspace Challenge seeks West Coast challenger

Ken Murphy kenmrph at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 22:35:46 CEST 2013

Hello Hackerspace folks-

Last year was the first Radio Shack Hackerspace Challenge, a friendly
competition between Ace Monster Toys in Oakland, CA, and Artisan's Asylum
in Somerville, MA.  It's happening again this year, and we're looking for
challengers to take on the current champs (Artisan's Asylum).

The challenge is sponsored by Radio Shack, and will be featured in print in
Popular Mechanics magazine (and therefore seen by millions of people).
 It's part of Radio Shack's "Great Create" campaign, which includes an
effort to improve their offerings to the DIY community.

This is a great opportunity to work on a cool project, and get some good
publicity for your hackerspace and for the hackerspace movement overall.
I'd love to hear from spaces interested in forming a team and throwing
their hat in the ring.

More specifics on the challenge will be available a bit later, but it will
take place over the month of June, and each team will build a project based
on a theme (tba).  Both teams will get profiled in the magazine.

Some info about last year's challenge, including links to the print pieces:

http://www.popmechnow.com/radioshack/

If you're interested, and think you get a group together from your space,
drop me a line!

Ken