[hackerspaces] non-membership-fee structures, partnerships (was Re: Hackerspaces Re:Foundation (Was Re: Abuse Of Power))

David Francos me at davidfrancos.net
Mon Apr 15 09:00:34 CEST 2013

Yup, we're stuck with 30/20(for people with less resources) euros / month,
and it IS really prohibitive.
But we love our current space, wich might be a problem.
Also, almost everything that moves locally and could host us is govt
related, and we don't want to be absorved.
So, the space would not be free, and therefore the "free-space" approach is
not working for us.

Then I ask, partnerships: Have you people found any cooperation with
external companies? If so, how was it? What was needed?

We've started to move local groups (and gathered quite a few, 5 groups
already are using our hackerspace, in 4 months of "real" life), but usually
those groups are not fond of paying anything.
Also, have you tried paid courses? If so, how's it going? How have you
adapted the levels? We've made a few, and always end up with unhappy
customers because of the level differences.
Sorry for the small off-topic.