[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces Re:Foundation (Was Re: Abuse Of Power)

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 22:41:46 CEST 2013

>> Haha, I agree, but then your getting into the #Occupy space and out of
>> the hackerspaces, because the hackerspaces don't have an economic
>> model at the moment.  Now if you want to talk about activism then I
>> can talk that too and been in jail for it.
>
> Sorry, I joined several hacekerspaces and opened a hackerspace of my own
> long before #occupy ever existed, calling it a hackerspace has nothing to do
> with activism or #occupy. It's accurate labeling.

Yes, but hackers have always been somewhat outside "the system" (and
inside the system, lol), so hackers grew up and h/activism became part
of it.  You can't see events like the "Columbine School Massacre"
which took some of our own, and not be an activist.  If so, you're a
sell-out.  I strongly suggest you watch "Bowling for Columbine" if
you're not aware of it.

markj