[hackerspaces] Abuse Of Power

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 21:29:12 CEST 2013

Hey,

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:
> Yet, hackerspaces.org is fundamentally nothing more than a map of existing
> hackerspaces and this mailing list.  It could be so much more than that.

Why is there the suggestion floating around to incorporate a
foundation? From what I can tell, the main mission of that foundation
would be to manage the current hackerspaces.org wiki (which basically
means the list of hackerspaces), as well as the mailing list (mailman)
infrastructure. Does this need a foundation?

If you think that such a hypothetical foundation should be doing more
than mailman and a list of hackerspaces for the public, then what
other activities are you thinking of? I think it would be good to be
specific and explicit when talking about "so much more than that".

Thank you.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507