[hackerspaces] Idea: things.hackerspaces.org now that Thingiverse is not ok anymore

Walter van Holst walter at revspace.nl
Thu Sep 27 14:50:20 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-26 20:57, Matt Joyce wrote:
> Just a quick update on thingiverse.
>

> http://www.makerbot.com/blog/2012/09/26/our-lawyer-explains-the-thingiverse-terms-of-service/
>
> Curious if anyone has any concerns not addressed in there.

Thank you for this.

In a way it does address my concerns by continuing to weave and waffle.
Basically it confirms my suspicion that the Thingiverse change of terms
of use was to redress a loophole unintentionally put in there
originally. And that it has always been the intention to provide
MakerBot Industries a wider license than the so-called 'secondary'
license, but that it was only recently realised that it didn't, or
didn't do sufficiently enforcable.

I'll try to add an update to the blog I wrote earlier on Flux and will
take some other valuable remarks made on this list into account. May I
quote messages sent to this list?

Regards,

  Walter