[hackerspaces] reliable 3d printer recommendations?

Russ Ryba russryba at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 03:47:53 CEST 2012

I would recommend the MakerGear M2 printer.  I bought my reprap and the
M1/Mosaic from them.  MakerGear is a guy out of Ohio.  He deviates from the
standard reprap design by using precision parts in a lot of places.
 Compared to the Prusa that I had to tweak and calibrate constantly the
Mosaic went together in a few hours by my kids and worked pretty much out
of the box.  The new M2 has a bigger print area than the Makerbot
Replicator - 8x10x8 instead of 11x6x6.  It's also all metal frame, very
quiet operation.  They have good support through IRC or email.  Linear
rail, acme lead screw, steel frame... it's a sweet machine you don't have
to mess with.

See http://www.makergear.com/