[hackerspaces] N.J. Assembly advances bill prohibiting sale of lasers used to point at airplanes

B F bakmthiscl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 01:54:47 CEST 2012

Pipe dream:
Put a mass of corner cube reflectors on the rearmost point of an
aircraft.  Laser reflects brightly from CCR's, so the ijits who shine
lasers at planes get their greatest thrill if it does NOT point at the
cockpit.
Now, if they use a bright enough laser, they themselves might be
illuminated by the reflections of their own laser, making enforcement
easy.  At very least, it would reflect brightly in the area
surrounding the ijit, possibly alerting the police.
Like I said, a pipe dream.  But wouldn't it be neat to hoist these
ijits on their own petards?!