[hackerspaces] Idea: things.hackerspaces.org now that Thingiverse is not ok anymore

James Arlen myrcurial at thinkhaus.org
Tue Sep 25 15:10:32 CEST 2012

Just throwing this out there for public consumption...

For as abrasive and trollish as you like to see yourself Mr. Joyce, you are remarkable - you should consider writing more because "the movement" (whatever it is) requires cogent conversation about that which we do not agree on.

This isn't about the colour of the bike shed. (or even it's color)

This is about how to not let the spectrum of ideas and points of view be summarily chopped up into sides.

We're still defining what "open hardware" really means - and part of what I'm reading here sounds like an attempt to re-draft the patent system on our own terms - a system that fosters innovation, provides sharply limited protection for investors and requires public good.

That's kind of awesome.

And shouldn't we be working towards more awesome?