[hackerspaces] We invite hackers around the world to our new Hackerspace in Sitges (Barcelona)

al al at blogmail.cc
Mon Sep 10 02:59:15 CEST 2012

On 08/09/12 19:07, guyzmo+hackerspaces at m0g.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sat, Sep 08, 2012 at 03:07:40PM +0200, al wrote:
>> Hello. We just open a new hackerspace front the Mediterranean Sea in
>> Sitges (local name of the village: Garraf, 30minutes in train from
>> Barcelona center). [...]
>
> Always good to hear from new spaces! Welcome to you guys!

Thank you :) But I'm not really new in a hackerspace. I was a Kernel
Panic hacklab[1] member, Igloolab, R-A-M[2], and Hackerspace
Barcelona[3] before ;)

This space is new, yes!

>> We want to create a good place to make personal or commons start-ups.
>> We have physical space: more than 700 m2, external, on the front line of
>> the sea, kitchens, toilets, internet connection. Rooms if you want. We
>> have our own dedicated servers.
>> http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Dont_panic
>
>      Do you have more than 700m2 or 80m2 (as stated on the  hackerspaces'
> wiki) ? If you do have that much space, you should definitely host  some
> kind of hackerspace festival/convention  anytime  soon,  so  we  get  an
> excuse to gather up, see your space and hack together ;)

Yeah, we have 2 data about space. We have just now 80m2 for hackerspace
use. But we have more than 700m2 to use. In this place we are living 4
people and we make other projects, and i.e. now we have a flat (80m2)
and a garage (120m2) empty.

Anyway, we have near here the next Iberian Hackmeeting[4], the biggest
convention here. You're invited also to come (this year with some
english papers) and then you can come here to hack together :D

[1] http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/KernelPanic
[2] http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/R-A-M
[3] http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Hs-bcn
[4] http://sindominio.net/hackmeeting/index.php?title=The_Hackmeeting_2012