[hackerspaces] Iraqi hackerspaces?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 22:37:38 CEST 2012

My friend Bilal is going to Iraq to help people in Bagdad and elsewhere start hackerspaces.

Bilal and I went to Egypt last year to help folks get going with hackerspaces over there, and people over there are now cruising!  All they needed was a catalyst.

With some help, and a bit of catalyst action, maybe this can happen in Iraq, too.

Bilal has a Kickstarter campaign to raise the funds to get there and back, plus bring cool stuff to people over there to help them get together and make hackerspaces happen.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bilal/baghdad-community-hackerspace-workshops?ref=live

Mitch.