[hackerspaces] More Digital Film Technology Re: first time seeing tron

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Thu Sep 6 12:44:34 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 02:25:44AM -0700, Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:
> Ha ha ha, it is funny how I'm now learning so much about people who I know either from mailing list or in person for a while already but well seems to me that I was missing quite big part of their personal histories!
>
> The computer graphics, animation and all that programming behind are certainly not my field but it is great to see the development just during my time (I'm 31 now).
>

> By the way when you all talk about the "beasts" which you have been using it is funny to compare it with the computer which my father was taking home for the weekends in late 80's being a programmer in assembler. I know it was a Robotron, maybe A7100 not sure, most important it had games packman, loader (or what ever was the name) and wonderful green screen which is the only option for my terminal window till this day :-)
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VEB_Robotron

Quite likely, it was Robotron 1715. That one was very widespread in
Czech Republic as an office machine.

The game you mean was probably ladder:

	http://www.z9001.net/kc87/screens/ladder.png

Oh god, so many afternoons spent...

I still have a couple of functional Robotrons including bootable
floppies (with SCP, east-german clone of CP/M), TurboPascal 3.3, DBase,
text editor etc. Not really sure what to do with it... :)

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis