[hackerspaces] first time seeing tron

bg bg at das-labor.org
Tue Sep 4 17:46:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:
> I just wonder if the “master control program (MCP)” was a kind of vision of “Windows” coming? Or was it a "generalisation" of "control versus free?"

You might have a look at [1] regarding the real background of the MCP and at [2]
regarding its roll in the film.

Besides, it would always be nice to be just the hacker from the film with
action, adventure being a hero (and getting the girl(s)). But sadly being a real
hacker is quite different, though it can be exciting, but just a kind of
excitement most people will never know/understand.

Regards,
  bg

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burroughs_MCP
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tron_characters#Master_Control_Program