[hackerspaces] What's your WiFi setup?

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:45:13 CEST 2012

I would second the recommendation of the Mikrotik routerboard
products. They are really the best "bang for buck" option if you'd
like an affordable hardware router with professional-grade features.
We use one as the router firewall for multiple sites, as well as
access point.

Various models have 1Gb/s Ethernet, 1W radios, programmable on-board
switch, PoE, etc.

If you need a wireless back-haul to another location, take a look at
Ubiquity Networks. Their products are simple and they just work. Buy
in pairs.

They also have a new line of self-bridging access points products out,
designed for indoor/outdoor mesh networks. Check out:

http://www.ubnt.com/unifi

Arclight