[hackerspaces] Member Storage

Pete Prodoehl raster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:39:46 CET 2012

Over at Milwaukee Makerspace we've been having a discussion about member
storage solutions... where to keep your "personal" stuff you leave at
the hackerspace, which may be projects in progress, or tools, or
miscellaneous parts, bits, widgets, etc.

We have some pallet storage, and some file cabinets, and some lockers,
and those are all just out of convenience since we scavenged most of it,
but with a move to a new building coming, one member suggested portable
rolling carts, which could also be used as a work surface (possibly
locking them together for a larger work surface) and now we're
discussing the finer points of carts.

What do other spaces do for storage? Bins? Shelves? Lockers? Rolling
Transformer Carts, Hover Carts that can float to the ceiling?

Pete