[hackerspaces] Members and membership

James Carlson james at schoolfactory.org
Thu May 31 20:04:53 CEST 2012

We have spent a lot of time at Bucketworks over the last ten years on how to on-board new members. The whole experience from first visit, first tour, sign up and welcome is mapped out as a flowchart that board members and even members can follow, so new members come to think of themselves (and act like) owners over time. It's a critical part of how to build community.