[hackerspaces] problems with uploading, downloading is fine - strange

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 05:40:16 CEST 2012

Hi to all,
I have a weird problem. I have tried to upload files from my computer to my Word Press, Facebook and Yahoo account and it doesn't work = nothing gets uploaded from photos to text files of just few kilobytes in size. Another person tried to do the same for his Facebook account from the same computer and the same happened, not functioning. Downloading and surfing the net works fine. I've never had such a problem, it is weird, anyone have some idea?

I'm using my wwoof host computer which is Gateway netbook with Intel Atom processor, 1 GB of memory and Windows 7 operation system, the web browser is Google Chrom and I use wireless connection and the speed is in general very good.

I'm not Windows user for more than five years, I always use Linux on my machines so I'm now bit in trouble and I've around 36 hours to sort this out before I leave the current location.

I was downloading some movies recently by torrent so I wonder if the Internet provider could cause some problems because later on the downloads slowed down considerably and the uploads were becoming more and more difficult on any type of media from attachments to emails to photos. However other machines in the house are working just fine, downloading included (the host family has a central "server" however I do not have any additional info about that). I'm based in Japan now.

I need to upload photos to my blog posts because my news letter is coming out soon. When I've tried to find out what could be the cause of this problem on line I did not succeeded, I guess it is something silly/small.

Thanks for any help,

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi