[hackerspaces] Commodore spare parts needed! ;)

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Tue Mar 6 20:11:35 CET 2012

Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 12:15:37PM -0500, The Doctor wrote:

> > made by MOS Technology (Commodore, actually), and they are
> > proprietary chip used in Commodore computers. A partial but not
> > exaustive list include chips like 6502, 6510, 6520, 6522, 6581,
> > 6509, a list of PROM and PAL chips etc. etc...

> Are you averse to using pin-perfect workalikes, or are you looking for
> the real deal (i.e., exact replacements for each IC)?

we must restore pieces as much original as they are, because we
choose a conservative filological approach for our work; but
sometimes this can't be done (due to lack of original parts) so
in those cases we choose to fix with workalike stuff (EPROM
adapters, PIC and EEPROM stuff, etc.  etc.)

We want to preserve the originality of pieces as much as
possible, also choosing vintage or vintage-like components.

Also, every fix we make is full documented via pictures and
documents of various type.

I strongly believe this way to do things is really important,
because this identify us as a real Museum insteaf instead being
a simple hardware collectors.

(hope to be understandable, my english is so fluffy!)

--
[ ::::::::: 73 de IW9HGS : http://freaknet.org/asbesto ::::::::::: ]
[ Freaknet Medialab :: Poetry Hacklab : Dyne.Org :: Radio Cybernet ]