[hackerspaces] 501c3 and hackerspaces in the US

Pete Prodoehl raster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 23:58:27 CEST 2012

As long as we're on the subject... I've mentioned a few times that I
thought our space might benefit from being an official non-profit
organization, and I've been asked to give my 'pitch' as to why I think
it would be a good idea.

I have my own thoughts on it, but since so many other spaces are NPOs or
in the process, or thinking about it, I'd like to hear why others are
pursuing becoming an NPO and what you hope to get out of it.

thanks!

Pete