[hackerspaces] UPenn Researchers Improve Living Tissues With 3D Printed Vascular Networks Made From Sugar

Jerry Isdale isdale at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 00:26:18 CEST 2012

3D Print hacker Jordan Miller (et al) have an article in the paywalled journal Nature Materials on their RepRap based bio printer.  The UPenn press release gives lots of info...

   http://www.upenn.edu/pennnews/news/penn-researchers-improve-living-tissues-3d-printed-vascular-networks-made-sugar

The Hack-a-Day summary embeds a video of the process ...
  http://hackaday.com/2012/07/02/printing-organs-with-a-3d-printer/#more-78565

Jordan has been an active contributor to lots of 3d printing and hackerspace endeavors.
He showed up at Crashspace when we had our first build-a-thon in Dec 2009 to put together a Makerbot Cupcake. His help was critical to getting it working that first week.

Jerry Isdale
http://MauiMakers.com
http://www.mauimakers.com/blog/thursday-public-meeting/