[hackerspaces] hackerspaces on resumes

Al Jigong Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Tue Jan 24 22:33:17 CET 2012

On 1/24/12 1:31 PM, Curbob wrote:
> During my interview for my current job I told my soon to be boss that
> I put on a hacker convention each year and I'm a member of a hacker
> space, just so he knew before he hired me. That way if he had a
> problem later, I could say I told you about this. He still hired me.

I'm missing something between you and Sam. Why would it be a problem
that you need to warn people about? Do you warn them about all of your
hobbies, like using sailboats on the weekends?

 I've got to wonder where some people work where they need to give
disclaimers to hiring managers and why you would want to work in such a
place.

Al