[hackerspaces] visiting Paris

John de Largentaye john at largentaye.org
Mon Jan 23 22:15:39 CET 2012

Slightly offtopic to hackerspaces, but have you ever been to the Musee
des Arts et Metiers [1]? Though I think it's seen better days and
deserves a better budget, it's still worth visiting, if only for the
exhibition hall inside a repurposed church, including a Foucault's
pendulum! It used to be Foucault's original pendulum, but it was
damaged beyond repair when the cable snapped last year (bla bla
underfunded cultural preservation...)

The adjoining metro station is worth a glance as well [2]

[1] http://www.arts-et-metiers.net/
[2] https://www.google.com/search?q=metro+arts+et+metiers&tbm=isch