[hackerspaces] Hackerspace Website Statistics

Mel Shamanka mel.shamanka at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:49:19 CET 2012

Hey David,

For what it's worth, and based on my experience as a websites owner,
website hits can be a pretty tricky piece of data to analyze depending on
your website's topic and the size/fame of whatever group it's attached to.
For example, we run some very specialized sites on niche areas of media,
and they don't score 5k hits a month (and I don't think they actually could
until a few years from now, if ever). For a hackerspace, though ? Seems
pretty awesome to me !

0.02,
Mel.

2012/1/23 David Powell <davepow16 at gmail.com>

> Every now and then I like to look at the stats for our website. I want to
> know how many people are visiting our site and what terms they used to find
> us. Since 2009 we average about 5000 hits a month which is low in my
> opinion.
>
> Does your hackerspace care about website stats? What keywords are driving
> potential members to your website? How many hits a month are you seeing?

"We do it because we are *compelled*."
TomMaillioux.fr
Twitter : @Bookmore