[hackerspaces] hackerspaces.tv

Jens Christian Hillerup jens at hillerup.net
Thu Jan 12 22:26:35 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Matthew Senate <mattsenate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good call on aggregating and filtering, we could use that even with search
> out there. I like the idea of doing a hackerspace streaming station, but I
> also think something like constructables, but specifically for hackerspaces
> could be awesome. I've been using the hackerspaces.org wiki to organize our
> new space out here in Oakland, and I have to say it's invaluable to have a
> platform. If hackerspaces.tv can be a platform, It'd make it easier for
> newbs in the community like me to participate ;)

In Labitat (.dk) we have talked about making something like an Arduino
academy with webcasts so we can get a wider reach than just the people
who could come to the events in our space. Now, these talks will
likely be in Danish, but I suppose other spaces could make free
knowledge available in ALL the languages (pardon the meme). Hook it up
to some web subtitling system and have volunteers write subs for the
videos, and we've won.

I'm thinking like a TED meets instructables. I'm kindda busy the next
couple of months but I suppose anybody could start hacking if they
have the time :)

JC