[hackerspaces] Another registry?

Ron Bean makerspace at rbean.users.panix.com
Thu Feb 9 00:49:16 CET 2012

Matthew Dumas <matthew.dumas at ripplecomputing.com> writes:

>In order to be a Maker Space you need to cater to students, primarily in
>high school.

Too late, we're already a "Makerspace".

Our members have to be over 18 for insurance reasons (try renting space
if you don't have insurance). Anyone over 10 is welcome with a
responsible adult (and off the record, we've had younger kids with
supervision). But we're not specifically an educational institution
(except in the sense that anything is potentially educational). We have
lots of big dangerous tools, and members are responsible for their own
actions.

http://www.milwaukeemakerspace.org