[hackerspaces] How to promote hackerspace inventions

Simon Clark simon at zebraspot.com
Mon Dec 31 02:11:28 CET 2012

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm following up on them as I can. It was pointed out to me that there may be a good deal of value to be had in getting these things in the hands of hackerspaces.

So, if any one wants to play with one, send me an email off-list with an address, and I'll send one out to each hackerspace as I can afford to. You'll need to solder it together yourself.

On 2012-12-19, at 9:13 PM, Alex Cureton-Griffiths <alexcg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried getting in touch with the guys at MAKE running the Makerspace Program? They're putting makerspaces/hackerspaces into US schools, and I imagine they'll need kits and resources for teaching how to make stuff.
>
> I'm also in touch with Sparkling Science in Sweden - they're spreading the idea of hackerspaces in schools through a short movie and 'black boxes' taken to schools and put in public art installations. Each black box is interactive and contains components to make cool stuff. Mostly Makey Makey at the moment AFAIK, but Arduino might be useful as beginner makers get more advanced.

Simon Clark
Zebra Spot Design - simon at zebraspot.com

AIM:siatdfi, Skype:zebraspot, Twitter:simon_clark
111 Edinburgh Rd. N., Guelph, Ontario, N1H 5R2
+1 (519) 822-6788