[hackerspaces] Copper Through hole plating

charlie wallace charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Wed Dec 12 23:22:45 CET 2012

We ended up picking a commercial machine for a few reasons.

We do pretty much everything as surface mount work, and we CNC the PCB's
and were getting some unevenness in the plating which was causing us issues
with 4-7 mil traces , which would then probably cause us issues in multi
layer.

Offered the guy on ebay half what he wanted and they went for it.

We started on a reverse pulse plater power supply to help with
the unevenness but as i said too many other projects, and too few people :)

so luck and timing! :)

I think i probably should have just bought a commercial machine.. Lol.. but