[hackerspaces] Copper Through hole plating

M dblmca at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 07:54:17 CET 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Andrew Frazer
<andrew.frazer at stellascapes.com> wrote:
> Hi NSL folks from New Zealand..
>
> I was interested to see in your wiki, your THrough hole plating project   ( http://wiki.032.la/nsl/Through_hole_plating ).   I was wondering if anyone could help me with two questions?
>
> (a) In your project you've Janus Green B as a brightener.  I can't find any reference to how much to use

Its a very small amount.. in the neighborhood of 10~50ppm.

> (b) Can anyone make a suggestion as to where i can purchase Janus Green B

Its normally very expensive.. but it seems to be on sale at our local supplier.
https://www.spectrumchemical.com/OA_HTML/chemical-products_Janus-Green-B_JA110.jsp?minisite=10020&respid=22372

The solution works very well the first couple of times, but I had
issues with trying to keep the solution working properly over an
extended period.  I should probably have taken a pH reading when I
started and tried to get the solution to stay at that level.

A couple of months ago we decided to get a commercial machine.  It
didnt come with chemicals or anodes... so we will be hackerspacing the
materials for this new rig pretty soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nullspacelabs/8096189458/

Cheers,

 -M