[hackerspaces] How To Teach a Hackerspace Class?

maxigas maxigas at anargeek.net
Mon Dec 10 19:32:04 CET 2012

From: Jerry Isdale <isdale at gmail.com>
Subject: [hackerspaces] How To Teach a Hackerspace Class?
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 22:33:02 -1000

> My prep work for teaching primarily consisted of making a few kits myself
> (different from ones class used) and reviewing the Soldering Is Easy comic book (
> http://mightyohm.com/blog/2011/04/soldering-is-easy-comic-book/).  I gave a copy
>> back to the 'how to teach' aspect…
>
> This is one area that our SpaceGAMBIT.org project is working on for next year
> (when funding hopefully is in bank).  We want to encourage sharing of educational
> resources among hackerspaces.  There are several ideas floating around, but I'd
> like to hear from wider community…

at the Hungarian Autonomous Center for Knowledge (H.A.C.K.) in Budapest we also found the solider-is-easy-comic-book the most useful educational resource to start with.  one member (dnet) translated it and we put some in the space.  very useful for introductions.

maxigas, kiberpunk

--

 ⬢ ⬢  |metatron
⬢   ⬢ |research

FA00 8129 13E9 2617 C614  0901 7879 63BC 287E D166