[hackerspaces] Stories of hope from Baghdad

Bilal Ghalib bg at bilalghalib.com
Fri Aug 31 01:53:45 CEST 2012

Hello fantastic hackerspace people!

Do you wish you had more hackerspace friends to visit as you travel
the world? Well so do I and I'm hoping to share the amazing concept of
hackerspaces with Baghdad and Beirut this fall and I need your help.
If your space is interested in this event:
http://www.facebook.com/events/405203999528578/

One amazing thing you can do as a hackerspace is host an event where
you broadcast the livestream from Baghdad into your space.
We will also be hosting a viewing in Beirut during sharebeirut.net.

We're not 100% confirmed on the date, Vladan is one of the organizers
and I'd like his help in selecting a time that will be good for as
many people around the world as possible. It will be on either October
5, 6, or 7.

I hope you are all doing fantastically and let's chat soon.
+BG

ps, in order for this project to be funded, we are reaching out the
the community. Here's the kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bilal/823912106

HUGS EVERYONE!