[hackerspaces] [Noisebridge-discuss] Sister city hackerspaces

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 15:27:12 CEST 2012

Well I'm wondering how far we could go concerning the communication/streaming. At the end of the day many events are life streamed from hackerspaces and most of the people are fine with that, recognizing it as an important thing to do. To be honest I can imagine that the places which have a bit more space could dedicate some "classroom" for example for chatting, life streaming, with the indication that this place is used for that and you should be aware of that. CCC events work in the way that there are "photo/video" restricted areas and rest is open. So I can imagine that one room or corner could be used like that in various hackerspaces. It depends on the people what they want and what they are aiming on.

It seems to me a classic example of "policy" which will have to be sorted at each space and will be "oscillating" during the time depending on the mood. However at this moment I feel like it is not a crucial part of the "sister city hackerspaces" discussion. We have another three years to go before the independent satellite network is suppose to be in operation (active for the CCC camp in 2015) and it seems to me that once this is functioning that should improve the situation. What do you think?

I wonder how many people would like to go forward with this and start to make this idea happen? I'm at this moment in Korea and unfortunately I'm not actively involved with hackerspace here. I'm busy but if there is something not too much time consuming I can chip some energy in :-)

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi