[hackerspaces] Fwd: [091labs-public] Survey

Padraic Harley padraic at 091labs.com
Fri Aug 24 14:45:59 CEST 2012

Hi all,

We received this today from Iain MacLaren who is a professor here in the
local University - NUI Galway.

I told him I could forward it on and asked him to go into a bit more
detail about the reason behind it.

"Thanks. It’s actually a fairly small initiative linked to a wider
report on creativity and education which I’m preparing, the inputs from
which will be discussed at a European meeting in Berlin in November. The
main point is to touch base with makers and see if they have comments to
make on educational experiences, etc.  The more respondents the better
really. I’ll be presenting it at a formal educational forum and trying
to raise their awareness of this type of activity, its scale and the
passionate commitment of those who participate as part of a drive to
start to rethink what we mean by education. So by all means circulate."

So if you have the time to answer the survey, please do. If not, then no
worries =)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHdNY2VWTUxCaVVGWGt6TFNTeHltV1E6MQ

I'm sending him Jarkko's survey results as I reckon they'd be handy -
http://surveys.peerproduction.net/2012/07/mapping-hackers-diy-community-survey-2012-results/

Cheers,
Padraic