[hackerspaces] How do you do accounting, membership, access, etc?

Georges Kesseler georgeskesseler at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 01:57:25 CEST 2012

On 08/09/2012 02:08 PM, David Raison wrote:
> On 2012-08-09 13:31, James Arthur wrote:
>> I would love to see a custom app.
>>

> I just added the tool that we programmed and use at syn2cat to the
> hackerspaces.org wiki page mentioned earlier.

I also would like to add to this that our openduino hardware solution
overcomes the proprietary RFID system by playing sort of proxy between
our own method (login via wifi, ibutton or any other method you imagine)
and the proprietary sytem. Only one badge is known to the RFID system,
and member declarations are done centrally and handled by the arduino
solution.
http://wiki.hackerspace.lu/wiki/OpenDuino
hint: zoom into the picture to see the hand-scribbled diagrams on the wall.
http://wiki.hackerspace.lu/wiki/File:P1110988.JPG

Georges