[hackerspaces] Hackitat - A film about political hacking, world wide

Jens Christian Hillerup jens at hillerup.net
Mon Aug 6 18:55:25 CEST 2012

Greetings everyone,

Some Swedes are making a movie on political hacktivism, and they need
your money! Copy-pastin':

-- snip --
What compels some people to spend a lot of time and energy on setting
up servers, creating programs and even committing crimes to help
people in a dictatorship in another country to communicate freely?
-- snip --
Around the world there is a network of hackerspaces that explore, hack
and create new ways of expressing themselves with technology.
Hackerspaces that by some are seen as a threat to our digital society.

What is it that drives these people? What are their purpose and their
reasons for what they do? How do they live their lives? These are some
of the questions we will seek to answer with this movie as we meet
hackers and visit their hackerspaces.
-- snip --

The project is further described at IndieGogo, along with a snazzy
video. Be sure to check it out and fund it if you can:
http://www.indiegogo.com/hackitat-a-film-about-political-hacking-world-wide

Disclosure: I'm in the same IRC channel as at least one of the authors.

See y'all at 29c3 and hack on.

jc