[hackerspaces] Sigh -- I'm not helping with Maker Faires this year.

Walter van Holst walter at revspace.nl
Sat Apr 7 17:10:59 CEST 2012

On 4/6/12 6:40 PM, Al Jigong Billings wrote:
> Where did Mitch say anything about Pacifism, Mr. Straw Man?

Mitch mentioned having issues with working with DARPA, Mr.
bottom-quoter. In other conversations about DARPA, the issue was mostly
with it being part of the military. Unless there are other objections
against DARPA then it being part of the military that I have completely
overlooked, this is about conscientious rejection of having anything to
do with the military.

Which is a personal choice out of a personal conviction and should be
respected as such. If you insist on having a public conversation about
that choice, you also bring that conviction up to the same conversation.

Not wanting to be involved in anything remotely military is, unless I am
very much mistaken, pacifism. Which is lovely and all that as long as
there are no more psychopaths on this planet. An assumption that is not
going to be met unless we start hacking the human DNA in a rather
unprecedented way.

Regards,

  Walter