[hackerspaces] I'm not helping when DARPA Selects Hackerspace ...

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Fri Apr 6 03:48:53 CEST 2012

I want to be clear.  Make has done MORE for STEM initiatives on this
planet than the entirety of hackerspaces combined ( with possible
exception to mitch altman ).  Some spaces do 0 community out reach.
Some don't even let kids into their spaces.  What make does is
SPECIFICALLY in line with what Mentor is about.  And what STEM is
about.

I don't see this as a hackerspace issue.  I see this as a STEM
initiative issue.  These are not the same thing.

-Matt