[hackerspaces] Tips on making passport stamps?

Jerry Isdale isdale at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 19:28:39 CEST 2011

The various laser manufacturers and laser product suppliers all tout laser cutting/etching as a great way to make rubber stamps.
I've been thinking about doing some of these myself.  A quick google turned up articles like:
   http://www.rubberstamps.net/creating-rubber-stamps-1.aspx "the best technology to use is a laser engraver"
   http://www.laserbits.com/images/LaserResources/TechTipsandFeatureStories/FeatureStories/articles/marking_devices.html
   http://www.epiloglaser.com/sc_stamps.htm

The laserbits folks have a Sample Kit with parts to make 8 self inking stamps...
   http://www.laserbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_319&products_id=805
You could make one for the space and one for each member that contributed towards the kit.

Low tech approaches (cutting tools and wood blocks) can produce nice stamps too.
but you have a laser.... burn something!

Jerry Isdale
http://MauiMakers.com
http://www.mauimakers.com/blog/thursday-public-meeting/