[hackerspaces] Starting a hackerspace ( Winchester Va)

Christopher J. Pilkington cjp at 0x1.net
Thu Sep 29 05:05:28 CEST 2011

tl;dr wrt universities, YMMV.

In Syracuse, NY, we've had limited success with the local private
university. They have relatively unlimited resources and have
something akin to a hackerspace for their own engineering students.
This, like most of the university's resources, is closed to the
public.

That said, Rochester, NY, home to Rochester Institute of Technology,
has quite a few university students participating in Interlock
Rochester, the local space.