[hackerspaces] [P2P-F] Truth-out : #OccupyWallStreet Is More Than a Hashtag

Devin Balkind devin at sarapisfoundation.org
Tue Sep 27 20:20:00 CEST 2011

The report is that we're on liberated territory and need to start presenting
solutions so we can turn the enthusiasm that's being generated into
productively transforming into a free/libre/open/p2p economy.

We've started the Free/Libre/Open-source (FLO) Solutions group at Occupy
Wall St because we believe that everyone should have access to the
information they need to solve their own problems.  The mission of our group
is to spread awareness about FLO solutions (ex. Linux), and provide
equipment, training, documentation and support to people developing and
deploying FLO solutions. We spend our time around the Liberty Square Library
on the corner of Broadway and Liberty St.

Our numbers are expanding.  We can mobilize people to help the P2P-F.  What
would you like to see us do?  Can anyone here manage volunteers, give them
tasks, etc?  I can pitch projects to the group.

Please cc me directly with responses.

Thanks.

Occupy Everywhere! ;)

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 5:00 AM, hellekin <hellekin at cepheide.org> wrote:

> Excerpts from Devin Balkind's message of Mon Sep 26 06:21:44 +0000 2011:
> >
> > Good article.  I've been in Liberty Square off and on for a week.
> > It's pretty amazing.  We've got a library and are beginning to
> > organize open source technology demos.  Planning to reach out to the
> > hacker/maker/coworking spaces this week - get a 3d printer and book
> > scanner and have folks give workshops.
> >
> > Feel free to ask me question, comments, etc.
> >
> > #OccupyEverywhere :)
> >
> *** Hi Devin,
>
> there are a lot of hackerspaces around you!
>
> You want to check http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/New_York_City
>
> Cheers,
>
> ==
> hk
>
> > [snip]
> >

> http://www.truth-out.org/occupywallstreet-more-hashtag-its-revolution-formation/1316784846
> > http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution
> >
> > #OccupyWallStreet Is More Than a Hashtag - It's Revolution in Formation
> > Friday 23 September 2011
> > by: Nathan Schneider, Truthout | Report

Devin Balkind
Director, Sarapis Foundation