[hackerspaces] A message and call to action for the Rochester NY hacker/maker community.

Jesse Sanford jessesanford at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:40:34 CEST 2011

To whom it may concern, I am a fellow hacker/maker in NYC with roots
in Rochester and have been granted access for myself and other local
hackers/makers here *(nycresistor) to audit a class at the University
of Rochester. You may already know of Profesor Kautz and his class
CSC297 "Pervasive Computing" (http://pervasive297.wikispaces.com/) We
of course welcome any of your members to audit the class with us!
Anyway we are looking for some help from fellow hackers/makers in the
rochester area to improve our video conferencing with the class. We
have been using skype lately and it just isn't working well enough.
The recording capabilities are very limited and frankly buggy. There
are some security cameras in the room and they are willing to spend
some money to get things setup correctly. Mostly we just need some
physical bodies to spend the time to help with getting things
correctly setup. Is there anyone within the hackerspace Rochester
community who might have some time to help. Please contact me directly
with questions/comments/volunteers/students!!

Thanks so much,
Jesse Sanford.