[hackerspaces] Idea: Mini-Camps in even years

James Arlen myrcurial at thinkhaus.org
Thu Sep 1 15:12:31 CEST 2011

Things are so much different for you crazy europeans - you can drive through about 8 countries before some of us can drive out of the province we live in!

The summer of 2012 is going to be packed with awesome for sure, and because there are two north american camps this year, I'm going to pimp both of them with this interesting idea…

Since we know that getting to camp can sometimes be very expensive (especially if it's an international event and you haven't been able to take advantage of HoaP) -- why not bring the camps to each other?

I think it would be interesting to explore the idea of having some looking-glass connections between geographically diverse camps which happen to be occurring at the same time.

Dates that I'm aware of include:

-- SoOnCamp2012 - July 6-8
-- ToorCamp - August 8-12

If anyone else knows dates, lets get them out there -- the hardest part of planning all of these things seems to be getting the date right.

James Arlen
myrcurial at thinkhaus.org
289-441-1407