[hackerspaces] Idea: Mini-Camps in even years

h0uz3 h0uz3 at foto23.com
Thu Sep 1 11:07:17 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

After the camp is before the camp. On our way home, me and some guys from
shackspace discussed the idea of attending the next camp-style event in the
netherlands in 2013. We found out that we might need some preparation and
"training" to have more fun and be more organized/chaotic (read what you
prefer).

Finally, we came up with the idea of having a "mini" camp in 2012. On lhc2
last weekend someone from syn2cat mentioned a similiar idea.

So, what about this: Hackerspaces all over the world do mini-camps during
summer 2012. Not as huge as cccamp11 or the Hxx series, more like "50 nerds
on a meadow", just to relax, enjoy sunlight, warm weather (for f**'s sake,
warm weather!), some barbecue and interesting conversations and a nice way
to welcome guests from other places. Maybe without an internet connection
or just a few 3G uplinks.

This could be done all summer long, so people with a camper van and a lot
of free time could roam from one camp to the next. Or all mini camps might
be synchronized to one week or weekend.

Any comments, ideas, questions? You're welcome! :)

</h0uz3>

--
Kein Footer.