[hackerspaces] Career Networking

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 19:36:47 CEST 2011

We have a monthly "Hacker Potluck" which attracts quite a few people who are
not the usual event attendees. We put the word out to coworkers, at the
electronics store, etc and then we have a "greeter" who gives out name tags
and helps get people introduced.

If you try to invite one or more people who work in outside sales, they
often have a line on job leads at their customers and are the sort who will
actively try to get the word out.

Seems to work.

Arclight