[hackerspaces] Global Hackerspace Hackathon Challenges

Greg McGuire greg at nesit.org
Wed Nov 30 20:52:38 CET 2011

IMHO, the downfall of the Hackathon Challenges is that their not that fun.  I'm all about making my space greener and what not, but the thing I think makes it fun and exciting is competing with other spaces and being judged by our peers, like we did with the cupcake challenge. So, maybe we should try and come up with some stuff that's competitive, shows off what our spaces can do, and judged by our peers?

The monthly call-in is this Sunday, maybe we can think of some ideas before then and discuss them in real-time? I'd even be fine with doing another cupcake challenge and seeing if that gets the ball rolling.

Thoughts?

--Greg--