[hackerspaces] RANT!: SO VERY frustrated with lack of local activity :( Warning: some negative energy present - sorry

Frustrated fo sho ??? frustratedfosho at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 02:10:03 CET 2011

Hey Mitch, you are absolutely right - unbridled honesty can push people
away - but the context is of a couple of years of frustration at this point.
The honesty I spoke of was about a year ago and surely didn't turn anyone
away but myself.  That's the biggest danger of negativity.  If ya can't be
positive yourself - ya surely can't spread anything but bitter butter so I
left for about 6 months.

Also - there ARE totally awesome people here!  It would be nice to see them
again! - I think noone has shown up for ... err... months?  And before
that... months?

" Sorry if I'm way off base in those remarks."
- I've done all of my childish complaining now in the last post so please
let me be the one to apologize.

"...and I look forward to hearing other (positive attitude!) suggestions."
- I think this is the biggest reason I finally came out and yodeled this
little ear bleeding on you all... my attitude has grown sour after alot of
disappointment and needed some of you poor souls to absorb it with your
positivities.  A little electron flow if you will - I knew there was
potential.  Sorry I was the source :P  Ya more sorry for the overly
stretched out bad analogy there.

- "I don't know you, and I don't want to offend you, but is it possible
that what you call "open source honesty" is pushing people away?  There
*are* ways of being open and honest (and assertive) without hurting
people's feeling.  Perhaps explore some other ways of interacting with
people? "

No worries - no offense taken at all!  There *are* ways of being honest
that you even demonstrate in your own comments- we can all learn from your
skills, brother!

ANYHOW! I'm already feeling less bitter and negative - venting can help
when someone listens.