[hackerspaces] Option for Temporary Email List for Planned Hackerspace

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 19:56:36 CET 2011

If you don't want to use Google groups, then you might want to go ahead and
get a Dreamhost account. It's under $10/mo, and you get a nice 1-click
install of Wordpress, Mediawiki, shell access, etc.

Their site is: http://www.drramhost.com

In order to get momentum, you really need to start holding a weekly
meet-up, get a mailing list started asap, and maybe put up a wiki to
collect and share your notes. Advertise your meeting everywhere you can -
online forums, meetup listings, community papers, colleges, etc.

After a few months, you should either have the momentum you need to go
forward and start looking for property to lease, or a clear sense that
there isn't enough demand for the space.

Arclight
23b Shop