[hackerspaces] Discuss Digest, Vol 33, Issue 47

Al Jigen Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Tue May 24 19:00:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster. (I get digests here mostly.)

We've been working at DIY Book Scanners that non-destructively scan books at Ace Monster Toys in Oakland.

Looking at the below comments on old textbooks, I wonder if it would make sense for a bunch of hackerspaces to get out of print manuals and technical books and do a concerted effort to scan them in, at least into image-based PDFs. This could act as a resource for beginning to put together curriculums.

Al
http://www.openbuddha.com
http://www.acemonstertoys.org