[hackerspaces] May Hackathon

Mel mel at hackersouverts.fr
Wed May 18 18:21:52 CEST 2011

There's been a long debate about that recently over some IRC channels for
hackerspaces in general, or French hackerspaces.

The main argument against the use of cameras for broadcasting of hackerspace
activity was that the people visiting or working at the hackerspace just
didn't want to be filmed in any way - something related to control of one's
personal image, basically.

One of the solutions that was suggested was to have zones that are clearly
marked as camera zones, where people should be aware that their activities
and faces would be broadcast for the intaweb's viewing/educational pleasure
- tape on the floor, big signs signalling the area come to mind, and of
course placing it all in a way that circulation in the hackerspace is not
disrupted for members who just don't want to be seen.

0.02,
Mel.

--
Hackers Ouverts - Hackerspace nomade en Île de France
http://www.hackersouverts.fr/